Duck Fat Beer Can Chicken
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Beer can chicken is the best and easiest way to cook a whole chicken on the grill without any special equipment. The beer from the can steams the chicken, resulting in a perfectly cooked whole bird. With the help of Duck Fat Spray, the skin will be crispy and burnished to a perfect mahogany color; no flipping or rotisserie needed.
Whole young chicken
Rub or seasonings of your choice
Can of beer (half empty)
Cornhusker Kitchen’s Gourmet Duck Fat Spray
Clean and wash the bird.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Liberally spray the chicken with Duck Fat Spray.
- Apply the rub or seasonings of your choice.
- Place your beer can in a pan, then lower the chicken onto the can.
- Cook the chicken over indirect heat. You will essentially be setting your grill up to be an oven for slow roasting. For charcoal grills, set all of your coals to one side of the grill. For gas grills, light half of your burners to high and leave the others off.
- Once the cooking is complete (internal temperature of 165˚-175˚), move the whole beer-can-in-the-chicken onto a cutting board to rest.
- After resting, remove the can and carve up the chicken.
- Serve with the drippings.